I originally went to this article to learn more about the role of Rama in Indian mythology and as a figure within the Indian canon of storytelling; the article did not disappoint! I loved learning about all the ways Rama is represented in Indian culture, which led me to my next page.
This was originally under a section of the Rama article called "Rama Worship", which really intrigued me because I didn't know that Rama was a deity, or considered close to one. Reading about the festival spent honoring Rama provided some more context for reading the Ramayana.
![]() |
| A Home temple with deities of Rama, Sita, Lakshmana and Hanuman, on Sri Rama Navami by Vijay Chennupati Source: Wikipedia |
I chose this article because I'm always interested by non-traditional (in the Western sense) forms of musical expression. Chanting as an art-form was something I explored lightly when I was in choir, but I enjoyed reading a more complete article about it.
I ended up on this article because I actually attempted to learn how to throat sing in high school for a song in choir. The song, Past Life Melodies, is a beautiful composition that brings overtones into the main melodic line, requiring throat singing to produce two different distinct notes at once. It's pretty awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment