![]() |
| Quote on Winter Background Source: PixaBay |
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Week 8 Growth Mindset
This class has enabled me to do a lot of self-reflection, which I've found to be incredibly valuable. Adopting a "growth mindset" isn't my default; I was raised to be highly competitive, to value success more than anything else. Those values were integral to my development and aren't so easily thrown aside. That being said, they did teach me some very important skills, skills which I would consider my strengths. Firstly, I am very self-motivated. I schedule with precision, ask questions when needed, and am able to take feedback if it makes me better at something. On the flipside, I need to work on being more of a risk-taker and not letting established standards determine what I do. I have a scholarship that depends on me keeping a 4.0, so when I say that I can't afford to fail, I mean it quite literally. That being said, I'm going to make a concerted effort to create more nuanced and non-traditional arguments in papers I'm writing for other classes. I'm looking forward to expanding my growth mindset as the semester comes to a close!
Labels:
Growth Mindset,
Week 8

1 comment:
Having a Growth Mindset is no easy task, Jake. I struggle with it greatly. In high school I myself was a 4.0 student. However, in college, it's a whole different story. College you can't just breeze by with the bare minimum. I had never made a C in my life until my college career. Failure, more times than not, discourages me rather than inspires me. I too am really striving towards possessing a Growth Mindset. There are just so many benefit's of having a Growth Mindset. And hey, us even try to gain a Growth Mindset is the first step in the right direction! Don't give up!
Post a Comment