Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

Reading
I have really enjoyed the readings thus far, though sometimes the PDE versions of the Epics that I chose to read seemed to be a little muddled. That is to be expected, however, when there are so many different authors writing their own interpretations of a series of epic events. My favorite reading that I've done so far was Nagpal's Sita, as I found it to be the most engaging. It also answered the question "Why does Sita let Rama treat her like this?" by proving that she is more than able to end an abusive relationship when needed. I wish I could read without doing a reading notes post, but it is certainly helpful in terms of story writing.

Writing
I love the freedom that I have to create stories and narratives that I find to be personally compelling. So much of the writing that I do is academic in nature; I'm far more focused on citations and counterarguments than prose and polishing. I don't often have any immediate questions or problems when writing, but very much appreciate the feedback that I get from both the instructor and my classmates.

Connecting
I'm constantly impressed by how people are able to weave their own interests and stories into their writings. It provides an excellent window into their experiences that I find to be both edifying and fascinating. However, I think that many of my classmates can lack clarity in their writing; I've read many pieces that leave me more confused at the end than when I started. In order to avoid this, I intend to focus on making my exposition clear and concise in order to create a more realistic piece of writing.

"I am a writer"- Ink on Paper
Source: PixaBay

No comments:

Post a Comment