Page 1- Ravana
I wanted to learn a little more about Ravana because I found his character to be so interesting. He was an unusually powerful ruler who really gave Rama a run for his money. What I found to be really interesting was that Ravana was actually a follower of Shiva. I wish they had explored that a little more in the Ramayana... I think that it would be really interesting to explore how the different gods interacted between the forces of "good" and "evil" as they existed within the Ramayana universe.
Page 2- Political Science
I clicked on to this link because, as a student of political science, I was wondering what Wikipedia would have to say about the discipline. What I found most interesting was that the article talked about how, even though philosophers like Aristotle have been considering questions of political theory for millennia, it is only recently that political science has emerged as a unique and independent field of study.
Page 3- Moscow
I clicked on this link because I've fascinated by the metropolises of non-Western countries because they are usually a unique blend of modern and traditional architecture; Moscow is no different. I didn't realize how expansive Moscow is... as the cultural capital of Russia, I should have assumed that it would as big as it is, but when I saw the pictures of it, I gained a new appreciation for the city's magnitude! Fun Fact: The Russian Prime Minister actually lives in a building known as The White House
Page 4- Constructivism (art)
This was an artistic style introduced to Russia in the earliest 20th Century that was primarily focused on creating art with a social purpose. It was particularly popular in the larger cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg as those were place where buildings could serve both an aesthetic and utilitarian purpose comfortably. This particular artistic style was represented in a large number of mediums from architecture to music.
![]() |
| Zuev Worker's Club (in the Constructivist style) Source: Wikipedia |

No comments:
Post a Comment